Where can I get a map of the floodplain in my area?

Town or county government offices have maps available to show the floodplain areas in their town or county. Many systems now show the information based on house addresses; however, you may need to know your property’s map number and lot number to locate the appropriate map.
You may also contact your local emergency management office, building department, or floodplain management office for information about flooding. Request to see a flood map of your community.
There may be a projected flood elevation for your neighborhood. This information may be on a community Web site.
Floodplain maps are also available at http://msc.fema.gov/.